- Home Study Kit
Home study kits for grades 1 to 3 include:
A spiralbound Teacher's Manual that features scripted lessons, step-by-step directions, and answer keys
A Meeting Book that uses calendars to keep track of your child's progress and is used for the daily opening exercise where your student practices skills ranging from time and temperature to counting money and problem solving.
A Student Work Kit and color-coded Fact Cards that give your child plenty of practice in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Saxon math curriculum starts your children with a foundation to ensure success for a lifetime.
This series is a hands-on, success-oriented series that emphasizes Manipulatives and mental mathematics.
It guides your child in a multi-sensory approach, building confidence and developing a solid foundation in the language and basic concepts of mathematics.
Grade 1 - Saxon Level 1:
Children learn to:
- skip count by 1's, 2's, 5's, and 10's
- compare and order numbers
- identify ordinal position to the tenth
- identify a sorting rule
- identify and extend patterns
- solve routine and non-routine problems
- master all basic addition facts and most of the basic subtraction facts
- add two-digit numbers
- picture and name fractions
- measure using inches, feet, and centimeters
- compare volume, mass, and area
- tell time to the half hour
- count pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters
- identify and draw polygons
- identify geometric solids
- and create, read, and write observations from real graphs, pictographs, and bar graphs.