Grades 9 thru 12
- Student Text - 240 pages
- Student Workbook w/ answer key - 100 pages
- Teacher's Guide (includes answers for Student Text) - 50 pages
- Test Pack & Answers
The Power Basics curriculum, designed for middle and high school students, features essential textbook content, in an updated, easy-to-use format. Power Basics is organized into manageable instructional units that build proficiency and mastery in the core curriculum areas: English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
The practical books provide the essentials of the science curriculum: earth and space science, biology, chemistry, and physics. In each book, learners build literacy and critical-thinking skills that enable them to interpret, evaluate, analyze, and synthesize scientific information--and apply these skills in their daily lives. With manageable step-by-step lessons, clearly defined examples, controlled vocabulary support, and frequent practice and review, your students will gain confidence in what they are learning.
Power Basics Chemistry
HELP STUDENTS GET A CHARGE OUT OF LEARNING!
* Introduces the periodic table and explains its importance
* Covers all areas of chemistry, including matter and measurements, atoms, molecules, and types of chemical reactions
* Motivates students to learn and follow the scientific method
* Meets National Science Education Standards
* Helps students prepare for standardized testing