Grades 9 thru 12
- Student Guide
- Teacher Guide
This latest, full-color text explores the care and management of small or companion animals.
It includes units on history, characteristics of different species, housing, equipment, handling, reproduction, diseases, and ailments. Key words, discussion questions, and student activities engage students and help them monitor their progress.
This newest edition includes related Internet sites for further study.
Numerous full-color photographs promote visual learning and help students identify different species.
Small Animal Care and Management is a highly researched text that covers numerous species, which as detailed by scientific names, as well as the history and the domestication of animals including information on safety, nutrition, and careers
- full-color photographs enhance text and help readers identify species by color.
- updated text includes new information on handling and animal restraint as well as expanded coverage of exotic species.
- complex scientific material is presented in an organized, easy-to-understand format.
- chapters can be reviewed out of sequence, allowing readers to customize book to meet their needs.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction to Small Animal Care
- Small Animals as Pets
- Animal Rights and Animal Welfare
- Careers in Small Animal Care
- Nutrition and Digestive Systems
- Guinea Pigs
- Sugar Gliders
- Snakes and Boas