A Consumer Math Program
This practical six-book series helps learners understand mathematics as it relates to their everyday lives with clear explanations followed by ample practice.
Basic concepts and skills are covered before concepts are applied in a variety of contexts.
- Clear explanations followed by ample practice
- Pretests, section revies, and posttests
- Money tips
- Practice forms and charts
- Problem-solving strategies
- 120 worksheet pages
- Group projects
- and more
Activities in this series not only help teen to adult learners understand the underlying mathematical concepts they encounter day to day, but also help them to develop problem solving and computational fluency skills.
The Mathematics of Banking and Credit covers the principals involved in the creation and maintenance of checking and savings accounts and lines of credit.
This includes reconciling deposits, withdrawals, and interest and concepts involved with credit, loans, and installment buying.
Math Skills & Concepts
- Whole Numbers
- Fractions, Decimals, & Percents
- Mean, Median, & Mode
- Basic Operations on a Calculator
- Computing Mentally
Checking & Savings Accounts:
- Checking Accounts
- Reconciling a Checking Account Statement
- Savings Accounts
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Using Credit Cards
- Credit Finance charges
- Overdraft Checking
- Taking Out a Loan
- Installment Buying