Grades 6 thru 8
- Student Edition Textbook, Hardcover, Full Color, 10 Units, 23 Chapters
- Premium Interactive Online Edition
Holt McDougal World History - utilizes standards-based content and research-based reading instruction to teach world history for children in grades 6-8. It creates a richer understanding of the mysteries of the past and their impact today with vivid, instructional visuals and high-interest scenarios. The program ensures success for all learners and addresses standards by integrating the content and skills necessary to meet them.
- An exclusive partnership with HISTORY provides videos and interactives to engage students at chapter openers, special features, and Multimedia Connections spreads.
- An Essential Question begins each chapter to get students thinking and talking about issues in the context of historical settings.
- Compelling stories told with dynamic visuals bring people, places, and events to life, grabbing students' interest to stimulate and encourage learning.
- 21st Centrury Skills that require students to apply what they know through the lens of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity; information, media, and technology skills; and life and career skills.
Premium Interactive Online Edition
- Book Pages: Access the texbook chapters online, plus additional links for Focus on the Essential Question Podcasts, Primary Sources, Section Audio, and Chapter Activities.
- eActivites: Chapter-specific online activities, interactive maps, vidoe, and section assessment and online quizzes.
- eResources: Graphic organizers, the Holt World Atlas, the Current Events page, Multimedia Connections and HISTORY videos, and other online tools.
- References: Additional material from the front and back of the text, English and Spanish glossaries, skills handbooks, atlas pages, the primary source library, and more.
- Student Resoruces: Chapter and section resoruces, reading support, enrichment activities, and skill development activities.
- Premium Student Resources: Chapter-level Multimedia Connections, plus eReader files in both ePub and PDF forms for download to any mobile device (includeing iPad, iPod touch, NOOK, Sony Reader, Kindle, etc)
- Online Assessments
- Teacher Resources
- And more!
Table of Contents:
- Unit 1 Early Humans and Societies
- Unit 2 Mesopotamia, Egypt, and Kush
- Unit 3 Civilization in India and China
- Unit 4 Foundations of Western Ideas
- Unit 5 The Roman World
- Unit 6 Islamic and African Civilizations
- Unit 7 Empires of Asia and the Americas
- Unit 8 Renewal in Europe
- Unit 9 The Early Modern World
- Unit 10 The Modern World