This course provides a complete, clear, and concise presentation of life, physical, and earth science concepts taught in a year-long 8th grade science program.
As a primary text it contains ample activities and exercises that will encourage the inquiry processes of science education.
- Contains 10 Chapters divided into 4 Units. Each Unit begins with Essential Questions that focus the student on the "Big Ideas" of that Unit and provide an overview of the Chapters in the Unit.
- Every Chapter Opener begins with an outline of the Lessons covered in the chapter, a motivating illustration, an introductory section, "What Is This Chapter About?" a student-friendly section on "Science Headline News," and a list of engaging Internet Sites.
- Chapters are divided into manageable Lessons that aid the homeschool student and parent while providing flexibility.
- Each Lesson Title is in the form of a question that can be used as the aim of that day's lesson, followed by Objectives and important Terms. A pronunciation guide is provided for new or difficult terms.
- Includes important Skill Exercises students will need to understand and master and Activities students can do at home or in class.
- Includes features on interesting, little-known facts in science A variety of question types of varying levels of difficulty address the needs of all students. Many questions are taken directly from past published exams.
- It can be used on its own or to supplement books that are more activity oriented but may lack conceptual understanding.
- The text's uncluttered, attractive, and accessible 2-color design emphasizes the content, does not distract or detract from it.
- All concepts (earth, life, and physical) are in one book at one affordable price, as opposed to the much more costly modular approach.
- Aligns with National Science Standards.