Features and Benefits
More support for visual learners through a clean, uncluttered design that incorporates cues to improve comprehension.
Enhanced Algebra and Problem Solving strands in Grades 3-6 to prepare students for state and national testing.
Math concepts that are accessible to students with diverse needs, including English language learners, with clear two- and four-page lessons covering a single topic.
MCP Mathematics is designed to be more direct, less cluttered, and more accessible than today's complex core math textbook programs ... without sacrificing concepts, skills, or standards. Through a consistent, predictable two-page lesson structure MCP Mathematics will help young children develop math mastery one skill or concept at a time.
With MCP Mathematics, parent/teachers will be able to:
- Lay a strong foundation of math skills to better prepare students for math in the upper elementary grades.
- Enhance comprehension through direct step-by-step instruction.
- Promote understanding with traditional direct instruction through a drill and practice format.
- Make math concepts accessible to all striving learners, including English language learners, with a clean uncluttered design, simple text, and teacher support.
- Develop problem solving skills and strategies through a four-step strategy-See, Plan, Do, and Check.
- Prepare students for algebra with problems designed to promote algebraic thinking.