Nutrition & Fitness Activities
Help students learn to make healthy food choice, appreciate the importance of daily exercise, and develop healthy habits they will maintain throughout their lives. Encourage them to journal about nutrition, fitness, and health to reinforce what they have learned.
96 pages + CD pages.
Points of Interest:
- Activities are based on the USDA Food Guidance System (ChooseMyPlate.gov).
- Five food groups are explored: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, protein, and dairy.
- Students learn about calories, carbohydrates, protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals and the roles nutrients play in overall health.
- Additional health concepts include food safety, germ prevention, and dental care.
- Common Core Standrds and National health Education Standards support a whole-child approach to educatin - one that ensures that each student is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged in his or her learning. This series is correlated to these standards and supports this initiative.
The Cd includes ready-to-print PDF files of the student activity poages and the "Food and Fitness Journal," as well as correlations to the Common Core State Standards and the National Health Education Standards.